Bleach Online Forum

Retrieve Password
Search
!show!: 1215|Reply: 44

The truth about Shield [Copy URL]

Post time 2018-5-16 23:06:10 |Show all posts
Let's have a discussion about what the Shield really is since a lot of people are confused by this mechanic, anyway.

Thanks in part to Mayuri's observation that Askin's failure to one-shot poison enemies was due to the shield protecting their HP bar from a fraction of the damage numbers displayed, it is now clear that there is a function to the shield that was not explicitly described upon its release. I am now revising my guide on the shield function because of this.

So the real function of the shield is, as it sounds, to protect you from damage (up to the max of the shield's HP) while additionally protecting you from control effect debuffs (which include Stun, Silence, Chaos, Disarm, Void, Fossilize, Freeze, Fury restriction, and Laceration). It's like having invisible extra HP that can't be mutilated. However, it was not initially clear it was to mitigate damage when the description on its release only focused on protecting you from control debuffs in broken English. So, really, shields were also probably meant to help mitigate damage from ignite and mutilate. (i.e. You would not die from 100% mutilate by itself).

I always noticed the partner's HP did not go down when the shield was up, but I figured that was a visual bug since partners were still remaining on field with HP after death. However, now I know that's due to other visual issues in the game. Especially with Muken's skill only doing half the damage visually that it's really doing underneath and dots visually disappearing when the shield was first released -- remember how it used to clear all the visual debuffs away (and still received damage from ignite and mutilate) on release but later it was fixed so it only visually removed the control debuffs? Ah, what good times. Let's take a moment to enjoy some nostalgia of this wonderful game.

I suspect there was also some invisible damage on combos, maybe. There have been way too many errors to know what's going on in this game. For all I can remember, the shield's damage protection was probably bugged on release as well.

And really, who would have ever noticed the damage mitigation when the shield protects a character's HP by seemingly so little?

Which brings us to the error with the growth rate of a shield that made it difficult for me to confirm how the shield HP was determined from the growth rate.

It was not until I had an assaulter with a shield that I was able to confirm the shield HP (before it breaks) is in fact determined by the assaulter's physical attack. If you had an assaulter with 1 million attack cast a 50% growth rate shield, the shield's HP would be 500,000. You would be protected from 500,000 damage of ignite or mutilate.

However, going back to supporters, which is where most of the shields come from, the amount of damage mitigation on RJ's ignite and mutilate from a 50% growth rate shield was a lot lower than half of the supporter's attack. Consider that a 1.489 million attack Kokuto was generating shields that only protected your partners by about 403k HP. Turns out, it's taking 50% of the supporter's physical attack to determine the shield's HP...which is garbage...

I tested this with two different supporters, and they both had the same issue. Potdenutella tested another assaulter and some supporters to confirm the shield HP is always based on the physical attack. Since the shield was first introduced on a physical attack based character, it's likely this was left over when moving it to the supporter characters. Hopefully, this error will be fixed eventually.

Based on this information, let's also take a moment to consider how good HVI's shield mod is relative to other partners. His attack can be buffed further by Kokuto's mod, ATK buff icons, and ATK halos, and it will be counted toward the shield's HP. If you managed have an HVI with 2 million base attack, with Kokuto and Kyoka's attack buff, you can generate a shield for 1,820,000 worth of HP. With a healing mod that could practically fill up his HP bar on each attack and being immune to Laceration, this helps a lot with the lack of HP that he has against a Muken Aizen. The best shield would probably still be Valkyrie's level 100 exclusive skill with 300% growth shield (assuming it is working as it reads). If I maximized his attack at least, I could get him to 700,000 attack easily or over 1 million attack if I was trying, giving supporters and assaulters 2,100,000 to 3,000,000+ extra HP. Faced with shield growths like those, you might start thinking those 50% chance shield break reincarnation bonus effects are more useful than they first appear. Good thing nobody knows about those things, though.

If you have any further questions about the specifics of the shield mechanic, feel free to refer to the revised guide below. It explains it in a more concise manner.
http://bleach-online-user.wikia.com/wiki/Shield

Use magic Report

Advance Member

UBP prophet

Post time 2018-5-16 23:57:13 |Show all posts
valks ex skill is broken in more ways than one

who came up with that

thanks for the info even tho it wont help much and probably wont be changed

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-17 02:35:18 |Show all posts
I had a rough understanding of the Shield prior to reading this, but now I am completely aware of it.
Thank you for the effort you put into making this xD.
MAGES is love

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-17 03:52:01 |Show all posts
Thanks for the post very instructive, did u edit the wikia also? been a while didnt read that shield section seems a bit different, however noza foss still bugged aparently

again thanks

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-17 03:58:37 |Show all posts
The Shield was a dumb idea and Roman Reigns SUCK!

Use magic Report

Advance Member

Your Welcome

Post time 2018-5-17 06:27:48 |Show all posts
adnane.bek replied at 2018-5-17 03:52
Thanks for the post very instructive, did u edit the wikia also? been a while didnt read that shield ...

how is Noza's foss still bugged?  When I ran him it seems like he worked exactly as described

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-17 06:57:16 |Show all posts
MylarHyrule replied at 2018-5-17 06:27
how is Noza's foss still bugged?  When I ran him it seems like he worked exactly as described

since i dont use him i can't argue too much just quoting this on the link of th wikia

Bugs :

Nozarashi Kenpachi's fossilize and silence go right through the shield and ignore the shield altogether

Shield HP protection on supporters is currently determined by their physical attack instead of their strategy attack.

Use magic Report

Advance Member

Your Welcome

Post time 2018-5-17 07:57:11 |Show all posts
adnane.bek replied at 2018-5-17 06:57
since i dont use him i can't argue too much just quoting this on the link of th wikia

Bugs :

that could for sure be the case...  not much experience fossilize vs shields...  when I used Noza, anyone that made a shield would crush me too quick to notice, lol

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-5-17 08:07:53 |Show all posts
MylarHyrule replied at 2018-5-17 07:57
that could for sure be the case...  not much experience fossilize vs shields...  when I used Noza, ...

lol, too bad , would be really something if u can prove it if any luck

if so noza may become even mre interesting against shielders

Use magic Report

Advance Member

Your Welcome

Post time 2018-5-17 10:13:46 |Show all posts
adnane.bek replied at 2018-5-17 08:07
lol, too bad , would be really something if u can prove it if any luck

if so noza may become eve ...

I know that fossilize was a weak spot for Noza...  pre-exclusive at least...

When he was the only one alive on your team (easy to do for sure) he skills, fossilizes the vang, regens 100-150 fury, skills again, no damage vs fossilized foe, yet they can still block your ass...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Archiver|GoGames.me

GMT-5, 2018-9-19 01:42 , Processed in 0.029759 second(s), 10 queries , Xcache On.